Monday, 23 January 2012
New Project - Multi Compartments Wallet Purse
I've been working on a new project and getting myself into a bit of lather about it. I thought I'd draft the pattern, make the wallet/purse, take plenty of photos and then write a tutorial. However, the best laid plans and all that! I cut out the first version started sewing it up and realised it was going too big for my purposes. So it was back to the drawing board and a smaller wallet was drafted. I started sewing this up and realised that if I put a zip in the back of the wallet/purse it made it too bulky. So onto version three! Honestly by this time I was thoroughly fed up. I'd been snapping away with the camera and I'd taken loads of photos that were rapidly becoming completely obsolete. I started sewing version three, a pared down version, and decided I had plenty of compartments anyway. I haven't written a tutorial because by the time I had sewn version three I was losing the will to live. I've resurrected some of the photos of work in progress as these may be of assistance if you decide to try to make something similar. I quite like this quirky fabric with it's colourful chickens, feathers and matching stripey patterns. I thought I had some red spotty bias but found it was pink. I used it anyway and it looks alright. I used a small magnetic snap which should give a secure closure.