Monday, 23 January 2012

New Project - Multi Compartments Wallet Purse

I've been working on a new project and getting myself into a bit of lather about it.  I thought I'd draft the pattern, make the wallet/purse, take plenty of photos and then write a tutorial.  However, the best laid plans and all that!  I cut out the first version started sewing it up and realised it was going too big for my purposes.  So it was back to the drawing board and a smaller wallet was drafted.  I started sewing this up and realised that if I put a zip in the back of the wallet/purse it made it too bulky.  So onto version three!  Honestly by this time I was thoroughly fed up.  I'd been snapping away with the camera and I'd taken loads of photos that were rapidly becoming completely obsolete.  I started sewing version three, a pared down version, and decided I had plenty of compartments anyway.  I haven't written a tutorial because by the time I had sewn version three I was losing the will to live.  I've resurrected some of the photos of work in progress as these may be of assistance if you decide to try to make something similar.  I quite like this quirky fabric with it's colourful chickens, feathers and matching stripey patterns.  I thought I had some red spotty bias but found it was pink.  I used it anyway and it looks alright.  I used a small magnetic snap which should give a secure closure. 
As you can see it's got card slots, two zipped compartments and three other slots.  I'm going to take it for a test drive as my new wallet/purse.  If you're interested here are a few of the photos of the wallet in the making.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you had 'pursed' lips whilst making no. 3!! Melissa

BarbaraG said...

Totally LOVE this! More, please!

Charlie said...

I love the chicken fabric - where's it from?

SewChristine said...

I bought the chicken fabric when I was on hols in Boston USA

Charlie said...

It's nice to remember where you pick up the bits and bobs that you then turn into things! :)

Bev Harris said...

Love this,my first time on your site and love it!

Fannytje said...

I love it!! i was looking for a wallet like this one to make myself, do you have a tutorial for this?

Jo said...

Please please please post a tutorial on this!

Cathy said...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make a tutorial for this!! I have been wanting one like this FOREVER!!!

Sandra J. Strickler said...

Me too me too! lol

Anonymous said...

exactly what i'm looking for! can you post the whole tutorial, please...?

Koningin Anne said...

Please please please write the tutorial. I had one like this in the most beautiful leather, my hub gave it to me for christmas last year and I used it all the time, was so perfect for me. I losted it yesterday and now I discovered your version of it. Would be such a nice replacement for my beloved purse but I have no idea where to start. Please :-)

Esther said...

I'm going to add my plea for a tutorial - whilst totally understanding that it's the last thing you want to do! It's such a fabulous project and the end result is just gorgeous. Congratulations on surviving it and coming up with such a lovely design!

Debbie McClain said...

Love the cute fabric and the lay out of your wallet. You really should complete the tutorial because you have a great project which is practical as well as adorable. I would purchase it