Friday, 24 July 2009

Baby and Toddler Fabric Slippers Tutorial

This is a tutorial for slippers for babies and toddlers. They are pretty easy to make and you can make slippers to match clothes or pyjamas. For slippers that fit babies over 6 months old you should use non-slip gripper for the soles. I had some trouble finding this but I got mine from here: Non-slip fabric. Now I can't pretend to have invented these and there are plenty of patterns on the internet. I found some that are reversible (but without non-slip soles) and this can be found here: Reversible slippers. Heather Bailey also does some: Go here. Other sites include these: One, Two, Three.This is my take on these really sweet little tootsie warmers. They are very cute so why not give them a try? I have done a tutorial which is in PDF. You can download it HERE. If you want the tutorial in Word format please email me.

As you can see from my last post I am having a sale in my Etsy shop. From now until the end of the month (July) everything is now 50% off. Why not pop over and snap up a bargain? You can use the link on the right hand side of this page.

14 comments:

Helen Rawlinson said...

These are gorgeous!
If I ever get some time I might have a go at these for my niece and nephew!
Thanks
Helen

Tozz said...

they look so good! You have made some really cute looking ones.

Tozz said...

when I click on to the link for the non-slip fabric it takes me to your blog...do you have it for sale. I must be dumb as I cannot find it anywhere.

pouch said...

so cute! I'm going to have a go at making these, need to track down some non-slip fabric though, must admit I've never seen it in the shops, but sure a bit of googling will turn up something!

Christinesew said...

Sorry about the slipper gripper mistake. I have now fixed it. Or you can use this link:
http://www.sewthankful.com/SlipperSupplies.html

Jen said...

Those are adorable! I must check out your Etsy shop. I have wanted to make slippers but been so hesitant.

~♥~ Fuxicos e Retalhos ~♥~ said...

=)

Jessica said...

These are adorable! I'm having trouble with step 5 though, I'm sorry. Stitch close to the edge? Do you go all the way around, or just along the folded edge?

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog and thought I'd drop you a note to say how impressed I am by your creativity.

Best wishes
Paul

www.ukipashford.co.uk

Shari said...

Christine - These are adorable! You're making it really hard for me to stick to my promise of "no new projects!" LOL The first pair seems to have more body than the others. Did you use a different kind of interfacing or is it just something different with the fabric?

Carmina said...

These are adorable! I love the information, I commend them for the idea.

Caroline White

hormone imbalance symptoms

POOTLE FLUMP said...

I love these little slippers. They are sooo cute! - PootleFlump x

chongkol said...

Hi, the fabrics are gorgeous, I am
one who loves to make baby shoes. your pattern is so practical and very nice.

Thanks

Non Slip Tape said...

I reckon my sister would love these for my niece! Proper cute.

I am also interested in the non slip fabric, as we sell it but not really for use on little baby and toddler slippers :(