Monday, 24 March 2008

Cosy tea

We had a lovely time with Jacob. What a sweet little boy and such fun! 2 years and 3 months and he talks like a parrot. The best thing was - "Whotcha doin' guys?" when he was watching us do anything.


jacob easter

Serious 'bedhead' opening his Easter egg.
Remember the little egg cosy? Well I enlarged it and made this tea cosy.

owl teacosy

Perfect for my teapot and keeping my Rooibus(Redbush) tea hot. I used exactly the same principle as the egg cosy but bigger. I know you can get all sorts of padding for cosies including reflective stuff but I used quilters fleece and it works very well.

Ooh ooh ooh have I told you about my exhibition? The museum in Cirencester, called the Corinium Museum, has quite a large and very nice exhibition space which is used for Art and Crafts exhibits. I was asked if I would be interested in exhibiting my bags, purses etc. (If ???) So I'm booked for December 2008/Jan-Feb 2009. Most of what I'm making now is for that event. Everything will be for sale so I'm hoping to make a bit of money too. In the past I have made Roman costumes for the museum. Here's a preview of a couple of the things I'm making. Feel free to comment to say whether you think they will be good sellers or not.

largecupcake

largecupcakehandles

pink and darkbamboo


pink and darkbamboo zip

7 comments:

Theresa N. said...

I love the cupcake tote! The fabric is so fun.
Theresa N.

Julia said...

They're beautiful! Where did you find such lovely fabric? I wish you well.

Nancy said...

What pattern did you use for the second one? Love it. Just finished a purse sample for a class.

Cactusflower said...

I love the cupcake purse the best, but they are both beautiful and I'm sure will be great sellers!

Katherine said...

Oh, my! You've been making some lovely things, Christine. Great fabrics and designs.

Your grandson looks so adorable. What a cutie.

Daisie said...

beautiful!!!

Cassie said...

I love these bags. Wonderful designs.